The International Parent Advocacy Network (IPAN) will work to increase the influence of parents in child welfare decision making by supporting organizations and activities that promote parent advocacy and the influence and power of parents in child welfare. IPAN’s work will help ensure that children’s, parents’ and families’ needs are met and that their rights are protected.
- Supporting members to promote and develop parent advocacy in their country/region/locality
- Sharing lessons learned, examples of good practice and other resources on parental advocacy
- Campaigning and providing a voice to strengthen the role of parents in child protection systems and to promote parent advocacy
- Publishing on parental advocacy in child protection
- Holding conferences and training events
- Providing consultation on parental advocacy